Nelly Bay Pedestrian Link Update # 1
Townsville City Council plans to undertake rock-breaking works as part of the ongoing Nelly Bay Pedestrian Link project.
In doing so, Council will excavate a portion of the rock face closest to the descent of the Butler Street walking track in Picnic Bay.
These works aim to support and connect Queensland's tourism industry and improve the safety of all road users by separating vehicles and pedestrians or cyclists in accordance with current Australian Standards.
Key messages for the Nelly Bay Pedestrian Link rock-breaking works:
• Rock-breaking works will occur on Thursday, 11 November, and continue Friday, 12 November 2021.
• Rock-breaking works will resume on Monday, 15 November through to Friday, 19 November 2021.
• Traffic delays of up to half an hour may occur.
• Expect associated noise and vibration throughout the works.
• Council will coordinate rock-breaking construction activities around outgoing ferry and barge departures.
Existing traffic control measures will remain in place both during and out of working hours. Work hours are 6am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 6am to 2pm on Saturday.
Council will continue to update residents as these works progress.