Magnetic Island Projects December Update
Townsville City Council's Magnetic Island construction activities will take a break over the Christmas and New Year's holiday period.
Apjohn Street Drainage Improvements
• BMD will pause work on Friday, 24 December, and recommence work on Tuesday, 4 January 2022.
• Horseshoe Bay Road is now open to two-way traffic and will remain open during this period.
• Apjohn Street will also open to two-way traffic during this period.
• Traffic control and one-way traffic will recommence on Tuesday, 4 January 2022.
• The Apjohn Street Drainage Improvements project is jointly funded by Townsville City Council and the Commonwealth and Queensland Governments under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
Nelly Bay Pedestrian Link
• CES Civil will pause work on Thursday, 23 December 2021, and recommence work on Monday, 10 January 2022.
• CES Civil will remove traffic control until works recommence in January 2022.
• Nelly Bay Road will open to two-way traffic during this period with some temporary measures to ensure safe travel.
• The new pathway will also be open for use during this period.
• The Nelly Bay Pedestrian Link project is jointly funded by Townsville City Council and the Queensland Government's Transport and Tourism Connections Program.
Magnetic Island Marina Sediment Excavation
• BMD is on track to complete these works on Friday, 10 December 2021.
• Further updates on Council's 2022 Nelly Bay Harbour maintenance program to follow.
Townsville City Council wishes the Magnetic Island community a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!